(1) Kosmidis PA, Samantas E, Fountzilas G, Pavlidis N, Apostolopoulou F, Skarlos D. Cisplatin/etoposide versus carboplatin/etoposide chemotherapy and irradiation in small cell lung cancer: a randomized phase III study. Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group for Lung Cancer Trials. Semin Oncol 1994; 21(3 Suppl 6):23-30.
(2) Tummarello D, Graziano F, Mari D, Cetto G, Pasini F, Antonio S et al. Small cell lung cancer (SCLC): a randomized trial of cyclophosphamide, adriamycin, vincristine plus etoposide (CAV-E) or teniposide (CAV-T) as induction treatment, followed in complete responders by alpha- interferon or no treatment, as maintenance therapy. Anticancer Res 1994; 14(5B):2221-2227.
(3) Sculier JP, Bureau G, Giner V, Thiriaux J, Michel J, Berchier MC et al. Induction chemotherapy with ifosfamide, etoposide, and anthracycline for small cell lung cancer: experience of the European Lung Cancer Working Party. Semin Oncol 1995; 22(1 Suppl 2):18-22.
(4) Lassen U, Kristjansen PE, Osterlind K, Bergman B, Sigsgaard TC, Hirsch FR et al. Superiority of cisplatin or carboplatin in combination with teniposide and vincristine in the induction chemotherapy of small-cell lung cancer. A randomized trial with 5 years follow up. Ann Oncol 1996; 7(4):365-371.
(5) Okamoto H, Watanabe K, Kunikane H, Yokoyama A, Kudoh S, Asakawa T, et al. Randomised phase III trial of carboplatin plus etoposide vs split doses of cisplatin plus etoposide in elderly or poor-risk patients with extensive disease small-cell lung cancer: JCOG 9702. Br J Cancer 2007 Jul 16;97(2):162-9.