(1) Bleehen NM, Girling DJ, Machin D, Stephens RJ. A randomised trial of three or six courses of etoposide cyclophosphamide methotrexate and vincristine or six courses of etoposide and ifosfamide in small cell lung cancer (SCLC). I: Survival and prognostic factors. Medical Research Council Lung Cancer Working Party. Br J Cancer 1993; 68(6):1150-1156.
(2) Randomised trial of four-drug vs less intensive two-drug chemotherapy in the palliative treatment of patients with small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) and poor prognosis. Medical Research Council Lung Cancer Working Party [published erratum appears in Br J Cancer 1996 Sep;74(6):997]. Br J Cancer 1996; 73(3):406-413.
(3) Girling DJ. Comparison of oral etoposide and standard intravenous multidrug chemotherapy for small-cell lung cancer: a stopped multicentre randomised trial. Medical Research Council Lung Cancer Working Party [see comments]. Lancet 1996; 348(9027):563-566.
(4) Souhami RL, Spiro SG, Rudd RM, Ruiz dEM, James LE, Gower NH et al. Five-day oral etoposide treatment for advanced small-cell lung cancer: randomized comparison with intravenous chemotherapy [see comments]. J Natl Cancer Inst 1997; 89(8):577-580.
(5) Ettinger DS, Finkelstein DM, Ritch PS, Lincoln ST, Blum RH. Study of either ifosfamide or teniposide compared to a standard chemotherapy for extensive disease small cell lung cancer: an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group randomized study (E1588). Lung Cancer 2002; 37(3):311-318.