(1) Perry MC, Eaton WL, Propert KJ, Ware JH, Zimmer B, Chahinian AP et al. Chemotherapy with or without radiation therapy in limited small-cell carcinoma of the lung. N Engl J Med 1987; 316(15):912-918.
(2) Murray N, Coy P, Pater JL, Hodson I, Arnold A, Zee BC et al. Importance of timing for thoracic irradiation in the combined modality treatment of limited-stage small-cell lung cancer. The National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group. J Clin Oncol 1993; 11(2):336-344.
(3) Jeremic B, Shibamoto Y, Acimovic L, Milisavljevic S. Initial versus delayed accelerated hyperfractionated radiation therapy and concurrent chemotherapy in limited small-cell lung cancer: a randomized study. J Clin Oncol 1997; 15(3):893-900.
(4) Work E, Nielsen OS, Bentzen SM, Fode K, Palshof T. Randomized study of initial versus late chest irradiation combined with chemotherapy in limited-stage small-cell lung cancer. Aarhus Lung Cancer Group. J Clin Oncol 1997; 15(9):3030-3037.
(5) Skarlos DV, Samantas E, Briassoulis E, Panoussaki E, Pavlidis N, Kalofonos HP et al. Randomized comparison of early versus late hyperfractionated thoracic irradiation concurrently with chemotherapy in limited disease small-cell lung cancer: a randomized phase II study of the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group (HeCOG). Ann Oncol 2001; 12(9):1231-1238.
(6) Takada M, Fukuoka M, Kawahara M, Sugiura T, Yokoyama A, Yokota S et al. Phase III Study of Concurrent Versus Sequential Thoracic Radiotherapy in Combination With Cisplatin and Etoposide for Limited-Stage Small-Cell Lung Cancer: Results of the Japan Clinical Oncology Group Study 9104. J Clin Oncol 2002; 20(14):3054-3060.
(7) Spiro SG, James LE, Rudd RM, Trask CW, Tobias JS, Snee M et al. Early compared with late radiotherapy in combined modality treatment for limited disease small-cell lung cancer: a London Lung Cancer Group multicenter randomized clinical trial and meta-analysis J Clin Oncol 2006; 24(24):3823-3830
(8) Hu X, Bao Y, Zhang L, Guo Y, Chen YY, Li KX, et al. Omitting elective nodal irradiation and irradiating postinduction versus preinduction chemotherapy tumor extent for limited-stage small cell lung cancer: interim analysis of a prospective randomized noninferiority trial. Cancer 2012 Jan 1;118(1):278-87.
(9) Sun JM, Ahn YC, Choi EK, Ahn MJ, Ahn JS, Lee SH, et al. Phase III trial of concurrent thoracic radiotherapy with either first- or third-cycle chemotherapy for limited-disease small-cell lung cancer. Ann Oncol 2013 Aug;24(8):2088-92