(1) Fox RM, Woods RL, Brodie GN, Tattersall MH. A randomized study: small cell anaplastic lung cancer treated by combination chemotherapy and adjuvant radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1980; 6(8):1083-1085.
(2) Souhami RL, Geddes DM, Spiro SG, Harper PG, Tobias JS, Mantell BS et al. Radiotherapy in small cell cancer of the lung treated with combination chemotherapy: a controlled trial. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed) 1984; 288(6431):1643-1646.
(3) Osterlind K, Hansen HH, Hansen HS, Dombernowsky P, Hansen M, Rorth M. Chemotherapy versus chemotherapy plus irradiation in limited small cell lung cancer. Results of a controlled trial with 5 years follow-up. Br J Cancer 1986; 54(1):7-17.
(4) Ohnoshi T, Hiraki S, Kawahara S, Yamashita H, Yonei T, Ishii J et al. Randomized trial comparing chemotherapy alone and chemotherapy plus chest irradiation in limited stage small cell lung cancer: a preliminary report. Jpn J Clin Oncol 1986; 16(3):271-277.
(5) Bunn PAJ, Lichter AS, Makuch RW, Cohen MH, Veach SR, Matthews MJ et al. Chemotherapy alone or chemotherapy with chest radiation therapy in limited stage small cell lung cancer. A prospective, randomized trial. Ann Intern Med 1987; 106(5):655-662.
(6) Perry MC, Eaton WL, Propert KJ, Ware JH, Zimmer B, Chahinian AP et al. Chemotherapy with or without radiation therapy in limited small-cell carcinoma of the lung. N Engl J Med 1987; 316(15):912-918.
(7) Kies MS, Mira JG, Crowley JJ, Chen TT, Pazdur R, Grozea PN et al. Multimodal therapy for limited small-cell lung cancer: a randomized study of induction combination chemotherapy with or without thoracic radiation in complete responders; and with wide-field versus reduced- field radiation in partial responders: a Southwest Oncology Group Study. J Clin Oncol 1987; 5(4):592-600.
(8) Nou E, Brodin O, Bergh J. A randomized study of radiation treatment in small cell bronchial carcinoma treated with two types of four-drug chemotherapy regimens. Cancer 1988; 62(6):1079-1090.
(9) Birch R, Omura GA, Greco FA, Perez CA. Patterns of failure in combined chemotherapy and radiotherapy for limited small cell lung cancer: Southeastern Cancer Study Group experience. NCI Monogr 1988;(6):265-270.
(10) Kraft A, Arnold H, Zwingers T, Bodemann H, von Bultzingslowen F, Hinkelbein W et al. Role of thoracic radiotherapy combined with chemotherapy in limited stage small cell lung cancer (SCLC). A randomized multicenter phase III trial. Onkologie 1990; 13(4):253-258.
(11) Carlson RW, Sikic BI, Gandara DR, Hendrickson CG, Wittlinger PS, Shields JA et al. Late consolidative radiation therapy in the treatment of limited-stage small cell lung cancer. Cancer 1991; 68(5):948-958.
(12) Johnson DH, Bass D, Einhorn LH, Crawford J, Perez CA, Bartolucci A et al. Combination chemotherapy with or without thoracic radiotherapy in limited-stage small-cell lung cancer: a randomized trial of the Southeastern Cancer Study Group. J Clin Oncol 1993; 11(7):1223-1229.
(13) Lebeau B, Chastang C, Brechot JM, Capron F. A randomized trial of delayed thoracic radiotherapy in complete responder patients with small-cell lung cancer. Petites Cellules Group. Chest 1993; 104(3):726-733.
(14) Joss RA, Alberto P, Bleher EA, Ludwig C, Siegenthaler P, Martinelli G et al. Combined-modality treatment of small-cell lung cancer: randomized comparison of three induction chemotherapies followed by maintenance chemotherapy with or without radiotherapy to the chest. Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research (SAKK). Ann Oncol 1994; 5(10):921-928.