(1) von Pawel J, Schiller JH, Shepherd FA, Fields SZ, Kleisbauer JP, Chrysson NG, et al. Topotecan versus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and vincristine for the treatment of recurrent small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 1999 Feb;17(2):658-67.
(2) von Pawel J, von Roemeling R, Gatzemeier U, Boyer M, Elisson LO, Clark P, et al. Tirapazamine plus cisplatin versus cisplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: A report of the international CATAPULT I study group. J Clin Oncol 2000 Mar;18(6):1351-9.
(3) Sculier JP, Lafitte JJ, Lecomte J, Berghmans T, Thiriaux J, Van Cutsem O, et al. A phase II randomised trial comparing the cisplatin-etoposide combination chemotherapy with or without carboplatin as second-line therapy for small-cell lung cancer. Ann Oncol 2002 Sep;13(9):1454-9.
(4) Sundstrom S, Bremnes RM, Kaasa S, Aasebo U, Aamdal S. Second-line chemotherapy in recurrent small cell lung cancer Results from a crossover schedule after primary treatment with cisplatin and etoposide (EP-regimen) or cyclophosphamide, epirubicin, and vincristin (CEV-regimen). Lung Cancer 2005 May;48(2):251-61.
(5) O'Brien ME, Ciuleanu TE, Tsekov H, Shparyk Y, Cucevia B, Juhasz G, et al. Phase III trial comparing supportive care alone with supportive care with oral topotecan in patients with relapsed small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 2006 Dec 1;24(34):5441-7.
(6) Eckardt JR, von PJ, Pujol JL, Papai Z, Quoix E, Ardizzoni A, et al. Phase III study of oral compared with intravenous topotecan as second-line therapy in small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 2007 May 20;25(15):2086-92.
(7) Inoue A, Sugawara S, Yamazaki K, Maemondo M, Suzuki T, Gomi K, et al. Randomized phase II trial comparing amrubicin with topotecan in patients with previously treated small-cell lung cancer: North Japan Lung Cancer Study Group Trial 0402. J Clin Oncol 2008 Nov 20;26(33):5401-6.
(8) Pallis AG, Agelidou A, Agelaki S, Varthalitis I, Pavlakou G, Gerogianni A, et al. A multicenter randomized phase II study of the irinotecan/gemcitabine doublet versus irinotecan monotherapy in previously treated patients with extensive stage small-cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer 2009 Aug;65(2):187-91.
(9) Jotte R, Conkling P, Reynolds C, Galsky MD, Klein L, Fitzgibbons JF, et al. Randomized Phase II Trial of Single-Agent Amrubicin or Topotecan as Second-Line Treatment in Patients With Small-Cell Lung Cancer Sensitive to First-Line Platinum-Based Chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol 2011 Jan 20;29(3):287-93.