(1) Kaasa S, Thorud E, Host H, Lien HH, Lund E, Sjolie I. A randomized study evaluating radiotherapy versus chemotherapy in patients with inoperable non-small cell lung cancer. Radiother Oncol 1988 Jan;11(1):7-13.
(2) Johnson DH, Einhorn LH, Bartolucci A, Birch R, Omura G, Perez CA, et al. Thoracic radiotherapy does not prolong survival in patients with locally advanced, unresectable non-small cell lung cancer. Ann Intern Med 1990 Jul 1;113(1):33-8.
(3) Kubota K, Furuse K, Kawahara M, Kodama N, Yamamoto M, Ogawara M, et al. Role of radiotherapy in combined modality treatment of locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 1994 Aug;12(8):1547-52.
(4) Sculier JP, Paesmans M, Lafitte JJ, Baumohl J, Thiriaux J, van Cutsem O, et al. A randomised phase III trial comparing consolidation treatment with further chemotherapy to chest irradiation in patients with initially unresectable locoregional non-small-cell lung cancer responding to induction chemotherapy. European Lung Cancer Working Party. Ann Oncol 1999 Mar;10(3):295-303.
(5) Vokes EE, Herndon JE, Kelley MJ, Cicchetti MG, Ramnath N, Neill H, et al. Induction chemotherapy followed by chemoradiotherapy compared with chemoradiotherapy alone for regionally advanced unresectable stage III Non-small-cell lung cancer: Cancer and Leukemia Group B. J Clin Oncol 2007 May 1;25(13):1698-704.
(6) Berghmans T, Van Houtte P., Paesmans M, Giner V, Lecomte J, Koumakis G, et al. A phase III randomised study comparing concomitant radiochemotherapy as induction versus consolidation treatment in patients with locally advanced unresectable non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer 2009 May;64(2):187-93.
(7) Hanna N, Neubauer M, Yiannoutsos C, McGarry R, Arseneau J, Ansari R, et al. Phase III study of cisplatin, etoposide, and concurrent chest radiation with or without consolidation docetaxel in patients with inoperable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer: the Hoosier Oncology Group and U.S. Oncology. J Clin Oncol 2008 Dec 10;26(35):5755-60.
(8) Nyman J, Friesland S, Hallqvist A, Seke M, Bergstrom S, Thaning L, et al. How to improve loco-regional control in stages IIIa-b NSCLC? Results of a three-armed randomized trial from the Swedish Lung Cancer Study Group. Lung Cancer 2009 Jul;65(1):62-7.
Yamamoto N, Nakagawa K, Nishimura Y, Tsujino K, Satouchi M, Kudo S, et al. Phase III study comparing second- and third-generation regimens with concurrent thoracic radiotherapy in patients with unresectable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer: West Japan Thoracic Oncology Group WJTOG0105. J Clin Oncol 2010 Aug 10;28(23):3739-45.