(1) Mattson K, Holsti LR, Holsti P, Jakobsson M, Kajanti M, Liippo K et al. Inoperable non-small cell lung cancer: radiation with or without chemotherapy. Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol 1988; 24(3):477-482.
(2) Dillman RO, Seagren SL, Propert KJ, Guerra J, Eaton WL, Perry MC et al. A randomized trial of induction chemotherapy plus high-dose radiation versus radiation alone in stage III non-small-cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med 1990; 323(14):940-945.
(3) Dillman RO, Herndon J, Seagren SL, Eaton WLJ, Green MR. Improved survival in stage III non-small-cell lung cancer: seven-year follow-up of cancer and leukemia group B (CALGB) 8433 trial. J Natl Cancer Inst 1996; 88(17):1210-1215.
(4) Morton RF, Jett JR, McGinnis WL, Earle JD, Therneau TM, Krook JE et al. Thoracic radiation therapy alone compared with combined chemoradiotherapy for locally unresectable non-small cell lung cancer. A randomized, phase III trial. Ann Intern Med 1991; 115(9):681-686.
(5) Le Chevalier T, Arriagada R, Quoix E, Ruffie P, Martin M, Tarayre M et al. Radiotherapy alone versus combined chemotherapy and radiotherapy in nonresectable non-small-cell lung cancer: first analysis of a randomized trial in 353 patients. J Natl Cancer Inst 1991; 83(6):417-423.
(6) Dautzenberg B, Chastang C, Arriagada R, Le Chevalier T, Belpomme D, Hurdebourcq M et al. Adjuvant radiotherapy versus combined sequential chemotherapy followed by radiotherapy in the treatment of resected nonsmall cell lung carcinoma. A randomized trial of 267 patients. GETCB (Groupe d'Etude et de Traitement des Cancers Bronchiques). Cancer 1995; 76(5):779-786.
(7) Gregor A, Macbeth FR, Paul J, Cram L, Hansen HH. Radical radiotherapy and chemotherapy in localized inoperable non-small- cell lung cancer: a randomized trial. J Natl Cancer Inst 1993; 85(12):997-999.
(8) Crino L, Latini P, Meacci M, Corgna E, Maranzano E, Darwish S et al. Induction chemotherapy plus high-dose radiotherapy versus radiotherapy alone in locally advanced unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer. Ann Oncol 1993; 4(10):847-851.
(9) Wolf M, Hans K, Becker H, Hassler R, von Bultzingslowen F, Goerg R et al. Radiotherapy alone versus chemotherapy with ifosfamide/vindesine followed by radiotherapy in unresectable locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Semin Oncol 1994; 21(3 Suppl 4):42-47.
(10) Sause WT, Scott C, Taylor S, Johnson D, Livingston R, Komaki R et al. Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) 88-08 and Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) 4588: preliminary results of a phase III trial in regionally advanced, unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 1995; 87(3):198-205.
(11) Sause W, Kolesar P, Taylor S, IV, Johnson D, Livingston R, Komaki R et al. Final results of phase III trial in regionally advanced unresectable non-small cell lung cancer: Radiation Therapy Oncology Group, Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group, and Southwest Oncology Group. Chest 2000; 117(2):358-364.
(12) Planting A, Helle P, Drings P, Dalesio O, Kirkpatrick A, McVie G et al. A randomized study of high-dose split course radiotherapy preceded by high-dose chemotherapy versus high-dose radiotherapy only in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. An EORTC Lung Cancer Cooperative Group trial. Ann Oncol 1996; 7(2):139-144.
(13) Brodin O, Nou E, Mercke C, Linden CJ, Lundstrom R, Arwidi A et al. Comparison of induction chemotherapy before radiotherapy with radiotherapy only in patients with locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the lung. The Swedish Lung Cancer Study Group. Eur J Cancer 1996; 32A(11):1893-1900.
(14) Cullen MH, Billingham LJ, Woodroffe CM, Chetiyawardana AD, Gower NH, Joshi R et al. Mitomycin, Ifosfamide, and Cisplatin in Unresectable Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: Effects on Survival and Quality of Life. J Clin Oncol 1999; 17(10):3188-3194.
(15) Mattson KV, Abratt RP, Ten Velde G, Krofta K. Docetaxel as neoadjuvant therapy for radically treatable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer: a multinational randomised phase III study. Ann Oncol 2003; 14(1):116-122.
(16) Belani CP, Wang W, Johnson DH, Wagner H, Schiller J, Veeder M et al. Phase III study of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG 2597): induction chemotherapy followed by either standard thoracic radiotherapy or hyperfractionated accelerated radiotherapy for patients with unresectable stage IIIA and B non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 2005; 23(16):3760-3767.
(17) Beslija S, Dizdarevic Z, Lomigoric J, Zutic H, Musanovic M, Mehic B et al. Randomized phase II study of induction chemotherapy with gemcitabine plus cisplatin followed by sequential radiotherapy versus radiotherapy alone in patients with stage III non-small cell lung cancer. Journal of BUON 2005; 10:347-355.