(1) Smith IE, O'Brien ME, Talbot DC, Nicolson MC, Mansi JL, Hickish TF et al. Duration of chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a randomized trial of three versus six courses of mitomycin, vinblastine, and cisplatin. J Clin Oncol 2001; 19(5):1336-1343.
(2) Socinski MA, Schell MJ, Peterman A, Bakri K, Yates S, Gitten R et al. Phase III Trial Comparing a Defined Duration of Therapy Versus Continuous Therapy Followed by Second-Line Therapy in Advanced-Stage IIIB/IV Non--Small-Cell Lung Cancer. J Clin Oncol 2002; 20(5):1335-1343.
(3) Belani CP, Barstis J, Perry MC, La Rocca RV, Nattam SR, Rinaldi D et al. Multicenter, randomized trial for stage IIIB or IV non-small-cell lung cancer using weekly paclitaxel and carboplatin followed by maintenance weekly paclitaxel or observation. J Clin Oncol 2003; 21(15):2933-2939.
(4) Westeel V, Quoix E, Moro-Sibilot D, Mercier M, Breton JL, Debieuvre D et al. Randomized study of maintenance vinorelbine in responders with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 2005; 97(7):499-506.
(5) von PC, Bergman B, Andresen O, Bremnes RM, Sundstrom S, Gilleryd M, et al. Palliative chemotherapy beyond three courses conveys no survival or consistent quality-of-life benefits in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.Br J Cancer 2006 Oct 23;95(8):966-73.
(6) Brodowicz T, Krzakowski M, Zwitter M, Tzekova V, Ramlau R, Ghilezan N, et al. Cisplatin and gemcitabine first-line chemotherapy followed by maintenance gemcitabine or best supportive care in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a phase III trial.Lung Cancer 2006 May;52(2):155-63
(7) Novello S, Bruzzi P, Barone C, Buosi R, Masotti A, Michetti G, et al. Phase III study in stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer patients treated with two courses of cisplatin/gemcitabine followed by a randomization to three additional courses of the same combination or gemcitabine alone. Ann Oncol 2007 May;18(5):903-8.
(8) Park JO, Kim SW, Ahn JS, Suh C, Lee JS, Jang JS, et al. Phase III trial of two versus four additional cycles in patients who are nonprogressive after two cycles of platinum-based chemotherapy in non small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 2007 Nov 20;25(33):5233-9
(9) Johnson EA, Marks RS, Mandrekar SJ, Hillman SL, Hauge MD, Bauman MD, et al. Phase III randomized, double-blind study of maintenance CAI or placebo in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) after completion of initial therapy (NCCTG 97-24-51). Lung Cancer 2008 May;60(2):200-7.
(10) Ciuleanu T, Brodowicz T, Zielinski C, Kim JH, Krzakowski M, Laack E, et al. Maintenance pemetrexed plus best supportive care versus placebo plus best supportive care for non-small-cell lung cancer: a randomised, double-blind, phase 3 study. Lancet 2009 Oct 24;374(9699):1432-40.
(11) Paz-Ares L, De MF, Dediu M, Thomas M, Pujol JL, Bidoli P, et al. Maintenance therapy with pemetrexed plus best supportive care versus placebo plus best supportive care after induction therapy with pemetrexed plus cisplatin for advanced non-squamous non-small-cell lung cancer (PARAMOUNT): a double-blind, phase 3, randomised controlled trial. Lancet Oncol 2012 Mar;13(3):247-55.