(1) Shepherd FA, Dancey J, Ramlau R, Mattson K, Gralla R, O'Rourke M et al. Prospective randomized trial of docetaxel versus best supportive care in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum-based chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol 2000; 18(10):2095-2103.
(2) Fossella FV, DeVore R, Kerr RN, Crawford J, Natale RR, Dunphy F et al. Randomized phase III trial of docetaxel versus vinorelbine or ifosfamide in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum-containing chemotherapy regimens. J Clin Oncol 2000; 18(12):2354-2362.
(3)Esteban E, Gonzalez dS, Fernandez Y, Corral N, Fra J, Muniz I et al. Prospective randomised phase II study of docetaxel versus paclitaxel administered weekly in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum-based chemotherapy. Ann Oncol 2003; 14(11):1640-1647
(4)Quoix E, Lebeau B, Depierre A, Ducolone A, Moro-Sibilot D, Milleron B et al. Randomised, multicentre phase II study assessing two doses of docetaxel (75 or 100 mg/m2) as second-line monotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancer. Ann Oncol 2004; 15(1):38-44.
(5) Hanna N, Shepherd FA, Fossella FV, Pereira JR, De Marinis F, von Pawel J et al. Randomized phase III trial of pemetrexed versus docetaxel in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol 2004; 22(9):1589-1597.
(6) Georgoulias V, Kouroussis C, Agelidou A, Boukovinas I, Palamidas P, Stavrinidis E et al. Irinotecan plus gemcitabine vs irinotecan for the second-line treatment of patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer pretreated with docetaxel and cisplatin: a multicentre, randomised, phase II study. Br J Cancer 2004; 91(3):482-488.
(7) Gervais R, Ducolone A, Breton JL, Braun D, Lebeau B, Vaylet F et al. Phase II randomised trial comparing docetaxel given every 3 weeks with weekly schedule as second-line therapy in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Ann Oncol 2005; 16(1):90-96.
(8) Gridelli C, Gallo C, Di Maio M, Barletta E, Illiano A, Maione P et al. A randomised clinical trial of two docetaxel regimens (weekly vs 3 week) in the second-line treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer. The DISTAL 01 study. Br J Cancer 2004; 91(12):1996-2004.
(9) Pectasides D, Pectasides M, Farmakis D, Kostopoulou V, Nikolaou M, Gaglia A et al. Comparison of docetaxel and docetaxel-irinotecan combination as second-line chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a randomized phase II trial. Ann Oncol 2005; 16(2):294-299
(10) Wachters FM, Groen HJ, Biesma B, Schramel FM, Postmus PE, Stigt JA et al. A randomised phase II trial of docetaxel vs docetaxel and irinotecan in patients with stage IIIb-IV non-small-cell lung cancer who failed first-line treatment. Br J Cancer 2005; 92(1):15-20.
(11) Georgoulias V, Agelidou A, Syrigos K, Rapti A, Agelidou M, Nikolakopoulos J et al. Second-line treatment with irinotecan plus cisplatin vs cisplatin of patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer pretreated with taxanes and gemcitabine: a multicenter randomised phase II study. Br J Cancer 2005.
(12) Schuette W, Nagel S, Blankenburg T, Lautenschlaeger C, Hans K, Schmidt EW et al. Phase III study of second-line chemotherapy for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer with weekly compared with 3-weekly docetaxel. J Clin Oncol 2005; 23(33):8389-8395.
(13) Camps C, Massuti B, Jimenez A, Maestu I, Gomez RG, Isla D et al. Randomized phase III study of 3-weekly versus weekly docetaxel in pretreated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a Spanish Lung Cancer Group trial. Ann Oncol 2006; 17(3):467-472.
(14) Chen YM, Shih JF, Perng RP, Tsai CM, Whang-Peng J. A randomized trial of different docetaxel schedules in non-small cell lung cancer patients who failed previous platinum-based chemotherapy. Chest 2006; 129(4):1031-1038.
(15) Ramlau R, Gervais R, Krzakowski M, von PJ, Kaukel E, Abratt RP et al. Phase III study comparing oral topotecan to intravenous docetaxel in patients with pretreated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 2006; 24(18):2800-2807.
(16) Lilenbaum R, Socinski MA, Altorki NK, Hart LL, Keresztes RS, Hariharan S, et al. Randomized phase II trial of docetaxel/irinotecan and gemcitabine/irinotecan with or without celecoxib in the second-line treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 2006 Oct 20;24(30):4825-32.
(17) Chou KT, Chen YM, Shih JF, Perng RP, Tsai CM, Whang-Peng J. Phase II randomized study of weekly docetaxel alone or plus UFUR treatment in non-small cell lung cancer patients who failed previous chemotherapy. Lung Cancer 2008 Jan;59(1):64-8.
(18) Cullen MH, Zatloukal P, Sorenson S, Novello S, Fischer JR, Joy AA, et al. A randomized phase III trial comparing standard and high-dose pemetrexed as second-line treatment in patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer. Ann Oncol 2008 May;19(5):939-45.
(19) Jones S, Thompson D, Barton J, Patton J, Shipley D, Greco FA, et al. A randomized phase II trial of oral topotecan versus docetaxel in the second-line treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer. Clin Lung Cancer 2008 May;9(3):154-9.
(20) Paz-Ares L, Ross H, O'Brien M, Riviere A, Gatzemeier U, von PJ, et al. Phase III trial comparing paclitaxel poliglumex vs docetaxel in the second-line treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer. Br J Cancer 2008 May 20;98(10):1608-13.
(21) Kim ES, Hirsh V, Mok T, Socinski MA, Gervais R, Wu YL, et al. Gefitinib versus docetaxel in previously treated non-small-cell lung cancer (INTEREST): a randomised phase III trial. Lancet 2008 Nov 22;372(9652):1809-18.
(22) Gebbia V, Gridelli C, Verusio C, Frontini L, Aitini E, Daniele B, et al. Weekly docetaxel vs. docetaxel-based combination chemotherapy as second-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer patients. The DISTAL-2 randomized trial. Lung Cancer 2009 Feb;63(2):251-8.
(23) Fidias PM, Dakhil SR, Lyss AP, Loesch DM, Waterhouse DM, Bromund JL, et al. Phase III study of immediate compared with delayed docetaxel after front-line therapy with gemcitabine plus carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 2009 Feb 1;27(4):591-8.
(24) Smit EF, Burgers SA, Biesma B, Smit HJ, Eppinga P, Dingemans AM, et al. Randomized phase II and pharmacogenetic study of pemetrexed compared with pemetrexed plus carboplatin in pretreated patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 2009 Apr 20;27(12):2038-45.
(25) Krzakowski M, Ramlau R, Jassem J, Szczesna A, Zatloukal P, von PJ, et al. Phase III trial comparing vinflunine with docetaxel in second-line advanced non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum-containing chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol 2010 May 1;28(13):2167-73.
(26) Ardizzoni A, Tiseo M, Boni L, Vincent AD, Passalacqua R, Buti S, et al. Pemetrexed Versus Pemetrexed and Carboplatin As Second-Line Chemotherapy in Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: Results of the GOIRC 02-2006 Randomized Phase II Study and Pooled Analysis With the NVALT7 Trial. J Clin Oncol 2012 Dec 20;30(36):4501-7.
(27) Sun Y, Wu YL, Zhou CC, Zhang L, Zhang L, Liu XY, et al. Second-line pemetrexed versus docetaxel in Chinese patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer: A randomized, open-label study. Lung Cancer 2013 Feb;79(2):143-50.